Coordination of Humboldt Kolleg Pucón at Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation in Bonn.
A visit to finalize the program details of the Humboldt Kolleg in Pucón was realized by a part of the organizing committee in the Foundation at Bonn.
The Humboldt-Kolleg “Translational Medicine: Emerging health problems in Latin America” brings together scientists from Germany and our continent interested in basic and applied research in the field, which seeks to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical application. The aim is to generate future collaborative networks under the concept of translational medicine.
Interdisciplinary conference of Humboldt Kollegs, the central theme will be the evaluation of the emerging health problems in Latin America and the contribution of Translational Medicine in the research for solutions.
We are focused on PhD students and younger researchers that are starting to create cooperation networks between Latin American institutions and German universities.
Only through cooperation and the formation of interdisciplinary networks it would be possible to be part of the solution to emerging health problems in Latin America
“Impact on human health of inflammatory processes of the genital tract”
1. Cannabis sativa and Cannabinoids the sources of new drugs to treat neuro-psychiatric disorders. Dr. Moreira Fabricio (Brazil)
2. Molecular pathology of cutaneous melanoma in Chile. Dr. Sergio González B (Chile)
3. Risk assessment of transgenics and their use in public health, agriculture and industry. Dr. Paulo Paes de Andrade (Brazil)
4. Prevalence of intestinal parasites in children in the province of Tucumán, Argentina. Dr. Julian Rafael Dib (Argentina)
“Neutrophil extracellular trap associated with clinical pathological situations in the male:
The contribution of basic research”
“The new antiviral strategies against HIV”
1. Biología Redox en Fisiología, Patología y Envejecimiento Humanos. Dr. Rafael Radi, Uruguay.
2. Poor reproducibility and publication bias in basic antidepressant
research. Dr. Cilene Lino de Oliveira (Brazil)
3. In vitro predictive tests, aimed at the discovery of antitumor drugs,
evaluation of cytotoxicity, immunomodulation, anti-leishmania and
anti-T. Cruzi. Dr. Elaine Maria de Souza Fagundes (Brazil)
4. Sperm vitrification: a low cost alternative for fertility preservation
and therapy in Latin America. Dr. Raúl Sánchez (Chile)
One of the main tourist centers in the Chilean Araucanía Region, the City of Pucón lies at the foot of the Villarrica Volcano, in the foothills of the Andes Mountain Range. Its urban center is located on the southern shores of Lake Villarrica, one of the first links of a long chain of lakes in southern Chile.